What’s Your Issue?
Locate your issue below and follow the simple steps indicated to fix it.
- There is no picture/sound on the TV set.
- The images on all channels are fuzzy or the picture screen is snowy but visible and there is a "hissing" sound.
- You are not receiving all available channels.
- The TV picture shows a double or multiple images of faint "ghosts" of off-air channels.
- A herringbone pattern, faint lines, or a "hum" bar distorts the picture.
- A black border frames the top or bottom of the screen.
- There is no sound or the volume is too low.
- The audio has a distinct buzz or hum when the volume is adjusted with the remote control unit.
- The television has no place to connect the coaxial cable.
- I don't have an owner's manual for my television.
- I don’t have a remote for my television and I can’t configure my TV to receive channels on the network.
Find a Solution
- The TV set may be unplugged.
- A fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or switched off.
- The television may be connected to an inactive wall plate.
- The input may be set to LINE.
- Make sure the TV is plugged in and the wall switch is on.
- Check the fuse or circuit breaker. Test the outlet with a lamp.
- Make sure the TV is connected to the RUNet wall plate.
- Use the Channel select or Input select to switch the source.
2. The images on all channels are fuzzy or the picture screen is snowy but visible and there is a "hissing" sound.
- An external device (VDR, VCR DVD-R) may have a loose fitting.
- If your TV is connected to the RF Out of an external device, your TV may be set to the wrong channel.
- There may be a loose fitting in the house drop.
- Your VCR or DVR may be malfunctioning and needs to be replaced.
- Hand-tighten all fittings.
- Bypass the external device. Connect the cable directly to the TV set.
- Your television is not tuned properly or completely.
- Your television may not have a digital tuner.
- For more detailed information about tuning, visit our Connection Guide.
- An older, analog television will no longer work on our digital network.
- Some digital TVs need a special code or setting that is available from the manufacturer to work with QAM256. If you are having difficulty receiving all of the channels after using the channel scan function in your TV set up menu, you might need to contact your manufacturer’s technical support for additional assistance.
- Ghosting is caused by an ingress of off-air signals into the TV through the cable system, or the TV's antenna.
- An F-connector may be loose.
- Check and hand tighten the cable fittings to the TV set.
- If the problem continues, submit an online ticket and we'll contact you.
- An "F" connector may be loose.
- Check and hand tighten the cable fittings.
- The program is being shown in "letterbox" format.
- No adjustment is required.
- The volume may be turned down or muted.
- An earphone may be in the earphone jack.
- There could be a problem with the network feed.
- Turn the volume up on the TV set.
- Turn off the "mute" function via the remote control or on your television.
- Remove the earphone from the jack.
- To report the problem, submit an online ticket.
- The TV set's volume is adjusted to the top of its range.
- An electrical interference problem may be affecting your building or area.
- Reduce the volume on the TV set to low- to mid-range.
- Try plugging the television into another outlet.
- The television is a monitor.
- You can also use the audio and video connections of an external device to provide a signal to the monitor. (Consult owner's manual.)
- Try searching on the manufacturer's website for a PDF that you can download.
- For older televisions use the brand name and model number as search terms and use an internet search engine.
- Try finding someone in your building with the same TV. They may have a manual you can borrow.
11. I don’t have a remote for my television and I can’t configure my TV to receive channels on the network.
- In many cases, the way to access the set up menu on your TV is through the menu button on the remote control. If you don’t have a remote control, you might need to get a universal replacement.