For internal Rutgers' departments and units: RU-tv Network is always looking for creative programming from the Rutgers community. We welcome your video submission inquiries. If you have produced, or plan to produce a video project and would like us to consider airing it on the RU-tv Network to the Rutgers community, here's what you need to know:
- All programming on RU-tv must comply with our operating policies (PDF) pertaining to content as well as technical quality. It's a good idea to become familiar with these guidelines before starting your production.
- All copyrighted material must be properly released. This includes images as well as music. Here is some helpful information if you have questions about copyright or fair use.
- Plan ahead. RU-tv's program schedule is set at least two weeks in advance. Please allow for our evaluation process, which takes 7 to 10 days.
- To submit your completed project for consideration, fill out the Producer Agreement/Programming Form (PDF) and deliver it along with a copy of your program to our offices located at:
96 Davidson Road, Room 130
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- What types of programs are you looking for?
All types of programming will be considered. Everything from lectures and events, to sketch comedy.
- Can I borrow equipment from RU-tv?
RU-tv does not loan or rent equipment.
- Where can I edit my project?
If you do not have your own equipment, digital video editing is available for students, faculty, and staff at the Digital Media Lab on Busch Campus, or the Sharon A. Fordham Multimedia Resource Laboratory in the Mabel Smith Douglass Library.
- What formats do you accept?
RU-tv is currently able to accept programming in many different file formats and on a wide variety of media. It's best to contact us in advance.
- Will the copies of the video I submit be returned to me?
If you wish to have your submitted materials returned, you should provide prepaid shipping.
- I live off-campus. Will I be able to watch my video?
While RU-tv is available only on campus, our programming is also streamed live at RU-tv Streaming.
- Where does submitted programming run?
All submitted programming is reviewed by a Programming Committee composed of students and full-time staff. If your program is approved to air on the RU-tv network, where it airs depends on the type of programming. It may run on The Rutgers Channel (channels 8 and 60), or RU at the Movies (channel 30), or as a segment of an RU-tv program such as Pass the Popcorn or Inside Rutgers.
- How long can my program be?
Although we can run programs of any length, our regular programming runs in 30-minute blocks.
For More Information
Have a question about submitting a video for consideration? Contact: