RU-tv Network is Rutgers' award-winning campus television network featuring eight university-sponsored channels and more than 100 cable channels for more than 40,000 students at Rutgers–New Brunswick.
Every semester students produce more than 100 hours of programming for the Rutgers community.
The network offers a wide range of student-produced educational, news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, in addition to more than 100 channels of commercial cable programming. Through RU-tv’s student employment program, internships, and living-learning community, students gain hands-on television production experience in editing, engineering, master control, and marketing.
- At the Podium: Take advantage of full-length lectures by well-known visiting speakers and Rutgers faculty.
- Inside Rutgers: Gives an informative glimpse of campus life, highlighting student interests and concerns and events.
- Public Service Announcements: Learn about campus activities, health and wellness programs, and other opportunities for students.
- RU-Info Update: Produced daily in the RU-info Call Center, these informative messages keep you up to date on important deadlines and in the know about exciting events. "Like" RU-info on Facebook, or watch on RU-tv Channel 23.1.
- Special Programs: Offer a mix of special campus events, entertainment and cultural programs, lectures, and academic tutorials.
- Wake Up Rutgers: RU-tv’s early-morning show gives viewers a look at what's happening at Rutgers. The show is live every Monday and Thursday morning at 9 a.m. and replays until 12:30 p.m. Email Wake Up Rutgers to connect with a producer.
- WeatherWatcher: A partnership of Rutgers Meteorology Program and RU-tv, the program allows students to produce the daily forecasts for the network. Students interested in weather and science communication can join the WeatherWatcher living-learning community.